Social Distancing 4D Barrel Race April 23 – 25
Sorry for the delay in getting the info on the race this weekend, April 24 & 25 at Shepherds Valley Cowboy Church, Alvarado, TX. After the ugly facebook debate after our last one we wanted to double check with the powers that be, we are cleared to do it again AND WE ARE!
PLEASE READ this entire post so you understand everything that is going on!
- This race will be 1 race run over Fri & Sat to give as many as we can an opportunity to enter. So there will be 200 spots each day available. Only 1 horse/rider combination but you can run multiple horses and they must be run in a different 30 min section. We are doing this as a 5D and progressive payout.
- Again only 10 at a time will be allowed in the building, NO EXTRA HELPERS will be allowed in the building in the 30 minute sections. You can arrange with someone in your section to video/help you in. Ryan Schultz the barrel setter videoed for several people last week. The bathrooms will be closed, entries must be in advance and prepaid. The 10 will enter through the back door, we will run the 10 exhibitions (you don’t have to take your exh), we will drag, then run 5 competition runs, drag, run the last 5 and you will leave the building by the side door through the stall area and we will let in the next 10.
- Please space your parking out, we will police the parking lot to be sure you comply and you are encouraged to leave the parking lot as soon as possible.
- Entries will open at 9am Tues, except we will contact those on the wait list last week Monday night to get them entered. Starting at 9am Tues, text your name to Mary Etta 817-925-2559 or Tammi 817-343-4368 (not both please) and we will call you in the order your text comes in and get you entered. I will have the schedule up on ebarrelracing so you can keep up with what is available. Click here for schedule
- Entry fee will be $50 per entry and $5 arena fee 1 time per person and this will include a free exhibition and payback will be 75%
- Payment will be via Venmo firstname.lastname@example.org or paypal email@example.com (PLEASE USE FRIENDS so neither of us will incur a fee)
Race is 11am to 7pm on Thur, 10am to 8pm on Fri and Sat. THIS IS A NON POINT RACE
THANKS to Rusty Schultz-Baker and Shepherds Valley Cowboy Church for letting us do this AND to Pam Denney at the back gate and Colby our tractor driver!
One last thing, we realize barrel racing might not be essential but exercise kinda is, we are doing this as safely as possible and if you have a problem with it please do not put your negativity on facebook, can we agree to disagree.